Joint Taskforce on Diversity and Inclusion
City of Turlock & Stanislaus State University Joint Taskforce on Diversity and Inclusion (CTSS-JTDI)
CTSS-JTDI Statement in opposition to the straight pride event to be held in ModestoWe the Joint Taskforce on Diversity and Inclusion were formed on the premise of supporting ALL individuals. This holds true regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, class, religion, ethnicity or immigration status. We do not support any group, organization, and or individual that would propagate hate and or discriminate against any person. We pride ourselves on being a body committed to spreading ideals of inclusivity and diversity throughout the Central Valley and will join together with our brothers and sisters against those who intend to do the opposite. Therefore, we stand with our LGBTQIA community against the proposed event in Modesto. We offer our utmost support, as we will continue to voice the message from Turlock across the Central Valley that we are united against hate and standing together for love!
Purpose and ChargeBuild relationships among members and leaders of the community (bringing together a diverse group of people--city, university, community members, schools, faith-based community) to address issues of inclusion and diversity within Turlock. With the goal of making Turlock a city that feels safe for all residents by fostering inclusion, belonging and acceptance.
Working together, the City, and Stanislaus State University will coordinate, encourage, and implement initiatives and activities to promote an inclusive community that reflects the rich and diverse experiences, values, worldviews and cultures in our city.
- Host educational/cultural lectures, events, and activities
- Gather and review data on relevant diversity topics
- Establish closer, regular communication and consultation between City and University regarding issues of diversity that affects the city as a whole
- Develop list of stakeholder resources for future activities
- Build stronger relationship with the City of Turlock Police, University Police and other community safety organizations
- Enhance communications
- Develop and manage the CTSS-JTDI website that will be visible on the City and University site
- Create brochures and posters to promote events and activities
- Compile and provide a list of relevant resources for different community constituencies
- Publish an annual report
MembershipMembership is comprised of members of the City of Turlock, Stanislaus State, and the Turlock community (approximately 15 members).
|Member||Affiliation||Term Length||Term Expiration|
|1||City Manager/Representative *|
|2||Stan State President/Representative *|
|3||Turlock USD Superintendent/ Representative *|
|4||Community Organization Rep|
|5||Community Organization Rep|
|6||Faith-based Organization Rep|
|7||Faith-based Organization Rep|
|8||Stan State Faculty or Staff Rep|
|9||Turlock Police Department/Representative *|
|10||University Police Department/Representative *|
|11||High School Student|
|12||Stan State Student|
Term limitsMembers will serve terms up to three (3) year terms, with a possibility to renew to allow cycling on/off the CTSS-JTDI Taskforce.
MeetingsThe CTSS-JTDI Taskforce will meet once a month for two hours, on Wednesday, 6-8 pm.
Note: CTSS-JTDI will create subcommittees with additional members for special topics. All meetings will be open, and the public is welcome to attend.
Membership ApplicationCandidates who are interested in serving on the CTSS-JTDI Taskforce are asked to submit an online application which includes:
- Contact information (phone number, email address, mailing address)
- Why are you interested in serving on this City-University Taskforce on diversity and inclusion? (250 words or less)
- Describe your experience and qualifications relevant to this taskforce. (250 words or less)
- What do you hope to be able to contribute? (250 words or less)
- Attach recent resume
Application (Google Form)
Deadline and Selection ProcessThe City Manager and the University will review and recommend members to the CTSS-JTDI for ratification by the Turlock City Council.
Applications are due on Friday, October 5, by 5 pm